The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Monday, February 07, 2005

Who you callin' loose?

SO what's a girl to do when she's got entirely too much to do?
Why, join another knitalong, of course!

The adorable Kitten has started a Crafster knitalong for this sweater from Berroco's free patterns page. Possessing both the original pattern book and (gasp!) enough of the actual SensuWool that the pattern was written for, I blithely cast on for a sleeve on my 4.5 mm (US7) needles.
I knit a few rows before I realized that this sleeve was Not Going to Fit - my gauge was 6 sts to the inch. Doing a quick mental calculation (for every st/in I want to add, I should drop down two needle sizes) led me to this:


Yeah. Sure you need a #7. Right.

That swatch, which is coming out exactly to gauge? US2s.

2 Comments:

  • Lynette: you obviously feel my pain! I have *no* business starting anything else.
    (But just in case, SensuWool is 90 yds/skein. Light worsted weight.) ;-D

    By Blogger Cher, at 6:19 PM  

  • Hey, I went down to a 5 from the recommended 8 for Audrey....... I think I'm a loose woman too! What is it with all these lovely 2x2 ribbed sweaters these days?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home