The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

What a feelin...

As promised, my modified Leg-o-Chic Warmers are DONE! (Whoo-hoo! Drinks all around & Irene Cara on the jukebox!)

Flashdance, anyone?

Since these weren't the most complex of projects, I decided to mix it up a little and play with the decreases:


Whack decreases on the left, cool ones on the right.

On the left calf, I consciously kept all the decreases in knit sts, rather than the random fashion I used on the right (decrease type depended on what sts I came to before the marker). That second method, I think, was preferable.
That they don't match is of no consequence - I figure anybody who sees me in my legwarmers will be marrying me, and therefore doesn't carry if my sox don't match. (Sigh - I love that boy.)

Speaking of, here is the sleepyhead himself in the hat I made him before we left for Denver:

Top of the AWESOME Noro Kureyon 1 skein man hat. J'aime spiralling decreases. Tres elegant.


This is what the colors actually look like, though this is not what my honey usually looks like. The drugged-out look is 'cause it was 2 am...

Didn't think I'd enjoy Kureyon in a textured pattern quite this much, but I love it. I must have more. When payday comes, lookout...

3 Comments:

  • those legwarmers are cute, i dont care what anyone says. That hat you made is awesome too! i love the color range!

    By Blogger the knitrider, at 9:56 AM  

  • Tracy: The hat is a pattern I made up, but a great one can be found at http://acunningplan.typepad.com/andsheknitstoo/patterns/silk_garden_beanie.html

    Knitrider: Kureyon is addictive, especially because it doesn't really repeat! I *need* more Very Soon! You can find it for a bit less than the usual here: http://www.woolneedlework.com/Yarn/kureyon_,_noro.shtml

    By Blogger Cher, at 7:52 PM  

  • Hey, thanks for that heads up on the noro! btw, that shizuka cardigan is very cute! hope you find time to make it!

    By Blogger the knitrider, at 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home