The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Diving into the Pool

So, having broken the fast with an order from Ozeyarn (it arrived today! Whee!), the gloves are so off. Making the most of a free afternoon, I visited one of my LYSs (ostensibly, to claim the booty from my filled-up discount card ($20 of regular-price merch, free. Of course, this means you spent the immense amount of $ to fill up said discount card, but what the hey).

Showing a tiny bit of restraint, I only picked up two Interweave mags (last year's crochet issue and the Winter issue of Knits), a skein of Lily's new Chelsea yarn and this:



This, my dears, is Schaefer Yarns' Anne. Isn't she pretty? IRL the colors are a bit more complex and rich, but you'll have to take my word for it. I'm a crap photog and the boy was in the shower.

Besides, soon after that shot it looked like this:



And then this:



Hopefully soon, it will look like this:



Lest you think me a complete harlot, the boy's hat is nearly done; crown decreases are all that's left, as I've been either too busy or too sick to concentrate on those. Pics of that soon.

2 Comments:

  • well! i obviously need to get me some of Lily's new yarn!!

    And that Anne looks great. If you go crazy trying to get it to pool properly (I know lots of folks couldn't get it to work) you can always make a flower basket shawl! :) One skein makes the shawl as written.

    By Blogger Chelsea, at 12:36 PM  

  • Yummy-licious yarn purchases!

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home