The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Holi-day-ee

"Cele-bray-ate!" (Don't ya just love Madonna? Seriously. The woman is still musically relevant after 25 years - that's seriously cool.)

The knitting proceeds, slowly. Since a currentpicture of the tie would look nearly the same as the previous one, I'll spare you. Use your imaginations, if you will - it's about an inch longer. I'm still switching skeins of yarn every two rows in order to mix up the colors, and still cursing at the pattern directions. I will say this, though - it's a lot easier to work on it now that the cooties are gone and my eyes aren't crossing when I look at the variegated skeins. (Woot!)

So: the new VK is out (Holiday '05 preview here). Not as thrilling for me as the fall issue was, but I'm still impressed. Loved the Michael Kors short sleeve aran (impractical but attractive), and the cutie pie toppers in the Miss Mistletoe story. Especially because I got the Nordstrom's catalog the next day, and saw several items in there which prove that the Vogue in Vogue Knitting really does mean what I think it means.

Just so y'all don't think I'm on their payroll, do note that I have my doubts about some of the editorial. The Into The Woods story depends entirely on the flyness of the model for its effect. Seriously: that girl's hot enough to wear the pages of the phone book and look fabulous. The rest of us have to depend on our clothes being flattering.
And I can't make up my mind about this sweater - I think it's either the cutest or the ugliest thing in the issue.
Discuss.

2 Comments:

  • That sweater is definitely the fugliest thing I've seen in quite sometime -- and I know fugly. Check out the strained smile on ole girl -- she knows it too...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:41 PM  

  • Pretty freaking fugly.

    By Blogger Jscothammerquist, at 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home