The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Ask & You Shall

All right, Miz Wanda, this one's for you:


This one as well:



Sideways knit garter stitch fingerless gloves from a single skein of Karaoke (#286 Copper) . I'd hoped this shot would show the color difference from one side of the glovelet to the other, but the real photographer in the family was sleeping. You'll just have to trust me that the yarn subtly transitions from a deep burgundy to a more rusty copper. It's quite pretty.

Since I was only using these to psych myself out of a knitting slump, I can't really comment much on the yarn. It is delightfully soft, but I will need to swatch it again and really pay attention to the quality of the stitches.

Buoyed by my speedy success with the glovelets, I've moved on to a project from the giant holiday gift list. Grumperina's Sharfik pattern reminded me how much I like this simple broken rib, so I'm using it for a very manly, dad-worthy scarf (KnitPicks' Andean Silk on US9s).


Again, sorry for the crap photography...

Although I meant for this to be good travel/TV knitting, I got a little bored and decided to add the stripes you see above. Doesn't really make it any more complicated, but it does give me a marker from which to measure my progress.
The scarf-in-progress has been tested by the Boy-O, who decreed it scratchy enough to be man-worthy (no, I don't understand that either, but it's apparently a requirement).

In any case, I'm sure it'll work just fine for any dad/step-dad/FIL who may or may not be the recipient of this particular item for any winter holiday which we may or may not celebrate.
(No peeking to any of the aforementioned fatherly types!)

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for the pictures. I like the glovelets, very cute.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 12:32 PM  

  • The glovelets are very lovely! I am thinking I need just such a quick fix myself... Who's idea was it to knit a bunch of scarves for xmas... seems like I am getting no where fast. :)

    By Blogger Chelsea, at 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home