The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Do you know what today is?

"It's my blogiversary, blogiversary..."

(Apologies to Tony Toni Tone for abusing their song). Whoops.

I know everyone says it - but it's been a year since I started this journey, and I can't believe how quickly it's gone. I've "met" some really neat folks on the 'Internets' (Crazy Aunt Purl, Yarn Harlot, Miss Claudia) and have discovered some amazing patterns (like here, here and here, for example) that I might never have come across otherwise.

But I've also been a bit scatterbrained and unfocused in my yarn love - I thought, when I started the blog, that I'd be more prone to finish the stuff I started.
Er, not so much - I find I'm easily distracted by all the pretty lights and cute pictures of OPP (Other People's Projects) and am not getting enough done to suit me.

So (deep breath), as my blogiversary present to myself, I am hereby declaring a
Yarn Fast.
(Boy-O, pick your face up off the floor. I'm serious.)
There's just too many projects going on and not enough commitment to any of them. My harloty ways are starting to frustrate me. So I'm gonna have to lay a bit of smack down on my flightness and get some stuff done!

Besides, Christmas is coming and not a one of the projects I smugly began in September is even halfway finished. Gotta get on the sticks, as it were...

2 Comments:

  • Congrats on your blogiversary!
    I know what you mean, since I've started blogging, I keep seeing new projects that make me want to work those as well as joining different KALs. It's like the dengue fever how it hits you and spreads, but alas, what to do. I'm having trouble staying focused too. Now you're making me want to buckle down and finish up a couple of things.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 1:49 AM  

  • Yarn fast?

    Alrighty.

    ;-)

    Happy Blog Day!

    By Blogger claudia, at 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home