The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Friday, October 14, 2005

Back from the Brink

I've managed to (mostly) recover from the cooties which have so freely made their way around the blogosphere.
This however was your friendly correspodent for much of the time:




(Swiped from Jesse Combs - go check out his art; it's clever and perfect for Halloween.)

I haven't actually knit for weeks - my hands are actually itchy. The last thing I was working on was a knit tie. Because I am a dang fool, I believed the pattern (IK, Winter 04)* which said
that the tie would only require one skein of Koigu.

And of course, the patterns was wrong, and of course, there is a massive variation in dyelots from one skein to the next,


(Excuse the blur - my photographer is sleeping)


So this simple, portable project has become much less so. If I were at full brain capacity, it would be much easier, but we'll see if I can't manage to pull this off.

* Surprisingly, this Shirley Paden pattern is the worst laid-out one I've ever used. I guess they were attempting to save space, but there has been more Bad Language while knitting this particular project than ought to be strictly necessary.

2 Comments:

  • I'm a regular reader of your blog and when I saw this I thought of you.

    I SHALL SEEK AND FIND YOU. I SHALL TAKE YOU TO BED AND HAVE MY WAY WITH YOU. I WILL MAKE YOU ACHE, SHAKE AND SWEAT UNTIL YOU MOAN AND GROAN. I WILL MAKE YOU BEG FOR MERCY; BEG FOR ME TO STOP. I WILL EXHAUST YOU TO THE POINT THAT YOU WILL BE RELIEVED WHEN I'M FINISHED WITH YOU, AND YOU WILL BE WEAK FOR DAYS.

    ALL MY LOVE, THE FLU!

    Now get your mind out of the gutter.... And get your flu shot!!! I got mine.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:49 AM  

  • I'm glad you are feeling better. It really sucks to be sick that long.

    I hate it when a pattern is full of errors. It's like you get to be the detective to figure out what they really meant and it always happens when it's supposed to be a fairly straightforward pattern too.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home