The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Friday, July 29, 2005

Beauty's Where You Find It

I got my subscription issue of the Fall '05 VK, and I've gotta say, I think they hit it out of the park on this one. As always, some of it's a bit outré (love that '70's style skirt in Koigu), but I think the majority of it is lusciously wearable.
Highlights:
  • Love love love the Color Theory story -- I'm a sucker for any sort of cabled goodness, and they've got it in spades. A couple of these cropped cuties will need lengthening, but that's easily arranged.
  • Drooling over Deborah Newton's gorgeous lace shawl and - surprisingly, Mari Lynn Patrick's Fair Isle cape - it's too cute.
  • There's a black-&-white men's Fair Isle turtleneck that could look v. good on the husband (though I'd recolor it black and brown -- he is a cunning and subtlefellow, my love, and deserves a sweater to match)
  • The slip-stitch vest pattern, I think could be another one for the Boy-O, though of course it will need to be resized. Not a problem, as I am genetically unable to follow a pattern as given. I'm already mentally modifying the ones I like.
Totally digging my fave knit mag this season (visualize embarrassing happy dance here) ...can't wait to get started on fall knitting.

On the other hand, though, the summer knitting is yielding lovely results:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home