The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Friday, July 15, 2005

Gotta Run for Shelter

As I'm sure y'all know, it's Too. Darn. Hot. We can't even stand to breathe in our (poorly-ventilated) apartment. So the free passes we got to this movie last night (with their lovely, lovely AC) last night were gratefully received.
There were moments of real beauty in this movie, though I did not find myself as transported as M. Ebert. The air conditioning, however, was transcendent. ;-O

As for the knitting, it progresses sloooowly. After seeing all the excellent versions of Grumperina's fabulous Tivoli T, I wanted to make one, but I'm not ready to commit - the stash documentation project is making me realize just how much yarn I still have (even after I was able to clear out perhaps a fourth of the original supply by gifting it to the Mom-O).
And I'm impatient, besides - so instead, I am testing out the shaping on my purple recycling project:




Oh, cotton yarn, how you frustrate me. Especially when it comes to decreases: I always discover a gap that I'm not able to consistently tame. I've tried tightening up my gauge, changing the way I decrease, but nothing's worked yet. Fortunately, this is an experimental project and I can let go of my freaky perfectionism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home