The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

P Control

(Anybody else love that song*, salacious though it is?)
Unfortunately, today's title also refers to the fact that I had to call Poison Control today after accidentally OD'ing on *non-narcotic* cough syrup.
(Yessir, I did graduate from the smartest school in the Big Ten. Can you tell?)

In my defense, it was hot.
(Okay, that's not exactly germane, but it will have to do.) It was hot and I was sick and tired of the two-day coughing fit my chronic allergies have seen fit to bestow upon me, so I just kept taking sips from the cough syrup bottle. And that method seemed to work fine, right up until the dizziness started. And the sudden maudlin need to cling desperately to my loved one's neck. and the singing of bittersweet show tunes and love themes ("Memories... light the corners of my mind...").

(Hmmm. This may explain why I felt so tipsy after taking the Boy-O out for a celebratory birthday drink. )
Oh, yes, your friendly neighborhood blogger is a bit of a dumb@ss.
A proper knitting blog will resume tomorrow, when I have crawled out from under the influence.

*For the curious, be warned: these lyrics are not PG or work safe. The song is lewd. However, it also has driving guitars and a helluva beat. You've been warned.

1 Comments:

  • girl,prince is nasty.

    But I LOVE erotic city and head.

    I think i'll listen to them now.

    By Blogger Nik, at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home