The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Betcha Can't

Before we get on to the knitting, ladies and gentlemen, a Public Service Announcement: if you live in an apartment building with walls you know to be paper thin, do not - I repeat, DO NOT, for the love of all things holy, have raucous, ceiling shaking, banshee-wailing sex at 3:30 in the morning which shatters the sleep of the neighbors below you. It may lead to exhausted neighbors, angry notes and bags of dog poop on your doorstep.
I'm just sayin'.

(Oh, all right, there was no dog poop. But there was a very politely worded note that may or may not lead to the desired result. We shall see.)

Now - on with the knitting! I present to you the project with which I am cheating on the project that I was cheating on my current project with my current project:



The sweet beginnings of the lace corset. Those rows are like potato chips: it is impossible to work just one.

Here's a close up of the i-cord edge:


Thus far, a fast and enjoyable knit. If it continues to fly like this, we (the royal we) could be wearing this by Sunday!

2 Comments:

  • Girl, I used to live below this couple who used to have sex so, ahem, passionately, that it would shake the huge window in my living room. I literally thought that it would fall out of the frame. And one night, they kept me up until 5:30 am...this would happen OFTEN. Although I was happy for them having all the sex, I needed to get my sleep. I went to the apartment complex manager and told them and they spoke to the folks about the disturbance. I hated that I had to tell but I needed my sleep.

    By Blogger Nik, at 12:22 PM  

  • lol, this is why I live DOWNSTAIRS ;)

    By Blogger Peggy, at 2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home