The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Going, going, gone

Things that are (were) gone:

Me:
A sudden re-arrangement of the schedule found me in Chicago this weekend , visiting my sick grandma. Happily, Mama D is doing better than expected and her prognosis is good.

Waistlines:
I also got to see my dearest, sweetest sister, who is suddenly (how can I put this politely?) more woman than she used to be. I did get a picture, but she threatened to disembowel me if I posted it. So you'll just have to trust me when I say 8 months along is really impressive.
(I am deeply afraid. Unlike my sis, I started out on the fluffy side - my poor husband's gonna have to roll me around in a wheelbarrow!)

Mom's modesty:
My mother is extremely excited that we are having a baby. It scares me a little.
Seriously - the other day we were in the grocery store, and she approaches this very pregnant random stranger.

Mom: How far along are you?

Strange Girl: 5 months.

Mom: Oh, really? (pointing at me)
She’s only three, but she’s already starting to show…
Me: (Dying of embarrassment)


I could tell you more, but I'm sure y'all understand.

Knitting Mojo:
It was horrendously hot whilst I was travelling, and the wool component in my current projects has not helped me deal. I spent most of the last five days reading instead.
I enjoy going places, but hate airports and planes. So I'm always looking for a great book that will make the experience less irritating. And it needs to be super thick, because I read like a maniac and can finish a novel pretty quickly. (On the trip out -- about 6 hours of flight time-- I read The Road. Big mistake. Finished it in about three hours, so then I was bored and depressed.)
For the trip back, I picked up Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. It's the perfect book for this kind of travel. Silly enough to pick up and put down, and large enough that I only got halfway through it on the plane. Fun, fun stuff.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home