The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Cinco de Hell No

Y'all: I so intended to leave the house, run some errands, pay a visit to my happy place (AKA Nordstrom's shoe department), and generally enjoy a lazy solo Saturday.
When what to my wandering eyes should appear?


Wildlife, y'all. Perhaps you need a bit of help to see: I was so stunned it took me a moment to get the camera.


Yes, folks, that there shiny tail is the OPOSSUM that just sauntered brazenly across my lawn.
Now, I'm from Chicago. We don't do wildlife. We do giant metallic beans, we do fountains with fancy laser light shows, but we don't do wildlife unless it is safely confined within the sanctuary that is Lincoln Park Zoo.
I may retire to my fainting couch until I've recovered from this daring adventure in living with Nature.
******************

In knitting news, the Lacy Waves Top has gotten awkward, and needs homebound attention.
My new tote-around-town project, however, remains dainty and small.



It's "Buster" from my favorite kids' book, Rowan Babies. I just couldn't resist this combination of shiny, happy shades of orange.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Hahhahahha. I guess you haven't met our resident raccoons then either. They're HUGE!

    By Blogger LeLo, at 12:19 AM  

  • you've never seen an oppossom in chicago. i live in chicago, and one DIED in my front yard last year, and we had a fit!! i'm glad you stayed in the house. i'm creeped out by that picture now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home