The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Spring Hath Sprung


This is the lovely little tree that grows on our lawn and totally makes my week every time I see it. Ah, spring!

In fact, our whole street is blooming:

I am entirely, unreasonably delighted with the blooms, and the weather, and the general sense of possibility trembling in the air. It soothes my soul in a much-needed fashion.

Yarnwise, I am continuing the non-red and purple path I've been set on. I am still plugging away at the Create A Long project (details are being posted there), despite the serious temptation of the Elfin Goth sweater:


The elusive CotLin. (I know some of you are looking for it; it will be back soon.)

And even though it's practically summer (yes, I know it isn't really, but can you blame me with all those blossoms?), I also snagged myself some alpaca-y goodness:


For the record, that lime green pillow does not officially reside on that pink & white couch. We are sometimes daring in our decorating choices, but not crazy.)

10 skeins of Andean Treasure in a rousing orange for a long-overdue project. I think it will be smarvy.

As the CAL project is not in an especially portable phase, the sock knitting continues :

Not being a sock knitter, it has taken a little while for me to loosen my death grip on the needles. Now that I've done so, progress is rather easier.
Heel flap mostly done, (just using regular heel stitch, though I've discovered I prefer the eye of partridge version). Still, I can't believe I've actually got this far on a sock before stabbing myself in the hand with a skinny pointy needle in order to avoid continuing giving up.
This feels miraculous. Undoubtedly, it's spring fever.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Hey! I recognize those pretty trees!

    By Blogger LeLo, at 8:42 PM  

  • They are stunning, aren't they? I just wish I could photgraph them as well as you!

    By Blogger Cher, at 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home