The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Monday, March 19, 2007

Paying the Piper

No glorious shots of spring flowers today, my pretties, as the weather - in a word - sucketh.
It is cold*, it is wet and the house smells like a barn, complete with wet dog. Ick.

Still, some heat is being generated:


I've always found the foot to be a bit of a slog. Once the heel's been turned, there's not much more excitement ahead. So frequent trying-on commences. It is a little thrilling to see the foot of my beloved safely ensconced in my handiwork.
(Though the ungrateful wretch was heard to say that this was indeed quite nice, but "I really like that brown pair you started for me. When you gonna finish those?")
Grrr. Arrrgh.

(*Yes, Mom-O, I know 54F doesn't actually constitute cold. However, in my defense, I wore a skirt three days ago. Voluntarily. Now I'd be a drenched, sodden fool for attempting such a thing.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home