The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Done, da done done...

Yes, folks, Goddess 2.0 is done! I am quite pleased with the way this sweater has turned out.


'Scuse my bra straps. My photographer was "enjoying the view" and didn't mention them.

Here she is from the back:


I like the longer length because it hits in exactly the right place to break up the expanse of boo-tay.

Details: Sweater, #6, Vogue Knitting, S/S 2004
Size: 41" (knitted measurements)
Yarn: Artfibers Kurasawa
Mods: Added 2" in length, ribbed back neck, widened straps, totally different gauge

While we were out, the Boy-O caught the beloved dawgs in their usual modes:

Tom-tom: becoming one with the grass. Bel: looking for some action.

Since I seem to be on an amazing streak of project monogamy (Two! Count 'em, two in a row!), I have decided what my personal runway needs most is a simple black cardigan.
(I know y'all can't wait for the exciting photos of that.)

Since I want to have this one PDQ, I picked up some disco'd Softwist Bulky from Depth of Field.
Then I've spent a good chunk of the last two days looking for a pattern (exerting enough effort in the process that I may as well have designed something, but that's another story. Lordy, I wish someone would create an index for these mags.)

These were the final candidates:

All of them fit the gauge of my swatch (I am feeling strongly opposed to the doing of maths right now, thanks), so I let the Boy-O pick.

Me: What do you think?
Boy-O: You already have too many sweaters with holes in them...
Me: !!!
B: And why would you pick this plain one here? You'll go nuts trying to make that...
Me: Okaaaay (questioning his involvement at this point)...What about this one (the green raglan)?
B: Nah, I think that neck thing is stupid..
Me: (!) Huh.
B: I like this one. It's simple, but it's interesting enough that you won't go mad..


Boy-O's choice.

Clever, that husband of mine. He's a keeper.

5 Comments:

  • Nice job on the tank!

    Boy-O is too funny; sounds like he knows you very well! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:40 PM  

  • What a gorgeous tank! I love the Goddess 2.0. Great job! I think the Boy-O is a keeper too.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 8:18 PM  

  • Just sayin 'hi!'

    Love Goddes 2.0 bg

    Hey... Wanna write for Black Purl? If so, lemme know...

    By Blogger Gewel, at 2:40 PM  

  • Cher, that looks really awesome on you. Nice work!

    By Blogger claudia, at 8:07 AM  

  • Every time I go to this blog I am reminded how much I want a goddess tank ! Dang !

    Nice nice job.

    Nice hublet too.

    By Blogger Jscothammerquist, at 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home