The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

There You Are!

Like the lovely Miz Wanda, I seem to have completely forgotten about my poor, neglected blog. I thought about posting, wanted to post, kept meaning to post, but can't seem to get my act together enough to accomplish this task.

So: there I was with nothing much to tell y'all, but feeling honor bound not to neglect you.
I thought about sharing what I've been doing instead of blogging (cooking, cleaning house, planning our vacation, working my way through this list - just three books to go!)
Rescue came, however, in the form of the latest Vogue Knitting. A very cute Spring/Summer issue showed up at my door just today.
(Dang: is it me, or are the models getting ever younger?)

S/S issues rarely thrill me - I am all about the comfy cozy woolens, you know - but there were one or two items that would make it down my personal runway given world enough and time (Norah Gaughan's fabulous lace suit and the sexy fitted dress by Mari Lynn Patrick leap to mind).
The rest are more inspirational than practical (honestly, if your age can be expressed in double digits, you oughtn't attempt to wear daisies on your clothes).
Some of these details are quite clever, though -- that they may make it into my personal knitting...

4 Comments:

  • True Story: I keep thinking I see you walking towards me on the street or in the supermarket (WH of course). I must miss you a lot because it takes me a sec to realize you are still in Minneapolis and the person walking toward me is some OTHER strikingly beautiful black woman.

    Those models may be young, but they are definitely too thin!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:54 AM  

  • So glad you discovered Discworld! I have ALL the books if you're missing any.... also, Good Omens and his other non-Discworld books.
    You can also check out Tom Holt -- very similar humor. Or humour, perhaps I should say.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:50 AM  

  • Yep, me and the blog hae just not seen each other much too. But life happens, what are you gonna do? Glad to hear from you as well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:04 PM  

  • I am an admirer from a far, Boston that is ! I think that it is my first time reading you blog and I wanted to say hi.
    Dispite your love (and mine as well) for the warm and woolies, isn't that a photo of the goddess tank from Vogue summer a little while back ?. Each time I see itu I an tempted. Judy

    By Blogger Jscothammerquist, at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home