The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Friday, March 24, 2006

I've Been Knitting. Honest.

Just to prove that I still knit from time to time, I present to you the Blog Scarf.
This little cutie came about because I have this, um, thing - the Boy-O might lovingly refer to it as an obsession - about doing nothing. Y'all know, 'idle hands' and all that.
And blog reading, while highly entertaining, doesn't exactly qualify as productive.
So in order to sit and read blogs without a case of the guilts, I try to keep a simple project nearby (my regular knitting usually being at a point that requires my full attention).
Scarves are perfect for this.
Socks would probably be good as well, if I didn't happen to have the world's worst case of SSS (Second Sock Syndrome, doncha know). I forget this, occasionally - which explains the fact that I do still own actual sock yarn - but I haven't finished an actual pair of socks in forever.
So I stick to one-offs in order to actually get something finished.

Anywho - this one's simply garter stitch on the bias, made with KnitPicks' Elegance and SWTC Bamboo (the darker stripe).
Taking a page from the clever Sharlene of Mommio Knits, I think this'll be the start of a gift stash. Could come in handy, as forgetful as I am. Although I must say, the lusciousness of the alpaca/silk makes it very tempting ot keep this one for myself!

ETA: Whoops - just checked the label on the SWTC: that yarn is actually Phoenix.

2 Comments:

  • I have spent the evening (when I should be baking cookies for the kinder) looking at some of the olympic projects. I knit the same sweater you are (were?) doing for the olympicslast fall. Are you finished? Does it fit you properly? I found the shoulders a little too wide and am comtemplating putting the whole thing in the washer and dryer (but only on gentle, I don't hate it, I just wish it were a little smaller here and there).

    By Blogger NeedleTart, at 10:33 PM  

  • I love the pattern. And i especially love the dark pink diagonals running through it.

    By Blogger Nik, at 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home