The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Phlegm Flam

There I was, minding my own beeswax, when out of nowhere it seems, the cooties have given up their residence @ Chez Claudia and come to the Mighty Midwest. Note that I am not blaming the Devine Orange One, but it only takes the mention of illness for my body to think"Hey - what a GREAT idea! I wanna be violently ill too!"
And once the body of the Cher has made up its mind, there's just no stopping it.
So I've got the full complement of aches and pains: a jackhammer-esque throbbing in my sinuses, eyes watering like the mighty Missisip, and my nose is running like the winner of the Boston Marathon. Toss in a throat itching like poison ivy, muscle strain in my right shoulder (sleeping funny) and aches in the back of my thighs (sad, sad attempts at exercise) and you have a recipe for a perfectly miserable day.

The best part? Today, I am to give a tour of my workplace and talk about healthy living.
Ah, the irony.

No knitting to speak of. Can't bear to breathe, and the watery eyes make it impossible to see the stitches. Damn.

2 Comments:

  • Nope, the virus has cloned itself cause its still here with me.

    Bastard.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    By Blogger claudia, at 2:16 PM  

  • I am just getting over a case of the cooties myself. even wrote about it in my blog.
    i don't ever want to deal with this strain of cooties again.

    By Blogger Nik, at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home