The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Passing at the Speed of Stash

Of course, I'm sure y'all know I was referring to Knitting Project Monogamy.
(The marital sort of monogamy is just fine with me, thank you.)

I'm busybusybusy at work (covering for a colleague on leave, plus helping out in another department), but there has been some progress:


The recycling project continues, albeit slowly. It is becoming a saddle shoulder, short sleeve vee neck. I'm using previously worked Cotton Classic in purple (making the third project in a row, I think. When I like a color, I like a color and it stays liked, thank you very much!), and am adding some unused blue that I had in my stash.

Speaking of stash, the latest additions to mine (courtesy of a mega sale @ my semi-LYS):


While just a few representatives made it into the photo, there are five skeins of Cascade 220 which will become a vest for Monsieur Le Boy-O (from the Spring '05 IK).
There's a skein (& a half!) of Cotton Classic left over from the Red Side-Trip, which I may use for adding a mitered rib neckline and cap sleeves.
(Or I may keep it around to cuddle and call George. I just adore that red!)
And finally, anyone have any great ideas for 10 skeins of lovely, soft Svale?
I just Could Not Leave them in the store. They literally leapt into my basket from the shelf and demanded to be taken home (really, hon, I swear that's how it happened!).

In honor of Chelsea, I'm going to start a stash documentation project like hers. I'm still trying to figure out how to organize it, though. It's daunting, really, when you know you have at least 20 defined sweater-sized projects lying around, not counting the yarn which has not been assigned a project. It's enough to make a girl wanna buy some yarn just to relax...

2 Comments:

  • Are you planning to post a pattern for the Red tank when you're finished? I think it's totally HOTT and would love to make one.

    I totally understand on the knitting monogamy. Usually, I stick to one or two projects at a time but sometimes you're just not feeling something and have to put it aside.

    By Blogger Jenna, at 4:56 PM  

  • Hey cher ... I loved that someone is documenting her stash in its own blog! Thanks for the tip! Hope you're well - Jenifer

    By Blogger jen, at 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home