The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Friday, June 03, 2005

Happy, Happy Birthday Baby


My adorable sister Courtney is turning 21 today. I still remember being told that she was on the way. At the tender age of 11, all I could think was, "Damn! I wanted a puppy!"


But she quickly wormed her way into my heart with her serious demeanor and her chubby little cheeks. It was (and sometimes still is) like talking to a younger version of myself. How could I resist that kind of charm?


She's stood by me through thick and thin (both hers and mine!) and has the most loving and generous heart. She even forgave me for stealing her favorite blue sweater before she could wear it (heck - I *made* her one! I'm sure she got the better deal in the end). What a doll.


SO what's a girl to do but post embarrassing pictures of her favorite little sis as she turns 21? I'm proud to be her sister - I'm thrilled to be her friend. Happy birthhday, boo.

3 Comments:

  • Aww, what a nice post about your sister! She's lucky to have you. And P.S., when I first learned to knit, it was in half-twisted stitch as I didn't realize I shouldn't knit into the back! It took a few projects for me to figure it out. thanks for the cable-8 link in twisted st, I'd missed it.

    By Blogger jen, at 9:26 AM  

  • Ay Dios Mio - no you didn't! I'm thrilled yet horrified that you have these pictures...*I* don't even have 'em all!
    Thanks for the card - my weekend was...interesting. We'll talk.
    Oh, and I've gotten several compliments on the Blue Sweater *grin*.
    Love ya!
    C

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:44 PM  

  • Hi Cher! I am not at P.. I am in the regional office. How cool to find another TM knitblogger (I just had to tell the Whole Body Coordinator, she thinks I am a total freak of nature)... I love your sweaters... and that dandelion sculpture is amazing....

    By Blogger Chelsea, at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home