The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

With a Hitch?

TODAY'S title references my very strange morning, in which I rose entirely too early, made lunch only to leave it on the kitchen counter, was attacked on my morning walk to work by a GIANT crow, and fell unceremoniusly on my rump all within the first two hours of the day.
I'm just waiting on the portly fellow with the lumpy profile and the accent to come walking upon the scene and explain how this is all some sort of karmic punishment for whatever foolishness I've recently committed.

The universe should accept my apology now. Whatever I said, whatever I did, I didn't mean it.
(Does anyone else remember that dopey song? It always made me so mad. Obviously, if he didn't know what the hell went wrong, he couldn't really be sorry, now could he? Now I'm not so sure.)

Thanks for the compliments on the tank top. It's a much-needed bit of color in my black-heavy wardrobe.
No excitement to report on the knitting front: The cardigan rows are so dang long that progress seems minimal. You'll just have to imagine about 1-1/2 inches of stockinette over the ribbing. This one won't be interesting till I get to the armholes.

Speaking of which, why is it that I love to knit really intricate stuff but I love to wear the most boring things I've made?


I'm off to lunch, a meeting and then a work-related event (Indian food. Yum). Should be fun, barring any more avian attacks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home