The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Monday, May 16, 2005

Whine & Roses

Instead of teaching my class yesterday, I found myself stuck in bed with heinous sinus drama. Oy. On the advice of a friend, I made myself copious amounts of apple cider vinegar tea (don't freak -- I sweetened it w/honey, which also has healing properties). It is definiely helping to cut through the crud in my throat -- I feel soooo much better today.

Before the nasty sickness, I replaced Miss Rosewood (though the needle portions will live on as sweater "pins") with a shinsysexyfast 4.0mm Addi Turbo*. I love the new needle, though I'm glad I get to make use of the old one. Thankfully, my gauge didn't change with the needle switch and I am happy to report the Basic Tank is DONE!


Yarn: Brown Sheep Country Cobbler (132 yds/skein; abt 5 skeins for 40")
Needles: US 5 & 6
My design

I love the way this turned out. It's exactly what I wanted. Simple and totally wearable.


Ribbed sides (you'll need to click for a better view)


and a dab of rib at the back neck. I hate back necks that roll, don't you? I thought this made an elegant solution.

Now on to part two of the twinset...

*And as predicted, it was not possible to leave the shop with only a needle. I picked up a few skeins of Cotton Classic in a sexy deep rose red (#3995) to make a shell that matches the Urban Cardi.

2 Comments:

  • Thank you so much for the throat remedy, now to get some honey. And might I say that your skin tone is positively beautiful. How did you get such smooth skin? If I had such pretty skin I would wear tanks too, love the new one!
    chrisknits, sniffle, sniffle

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:47 PM  

  • Hi , I'd like to interview you for Black purls knitting /craft magazine ..please contact me back and we can go from there .. check out the site to get more familiar if not already ...I'd like to profile you,your blog and your knitting!
    www.black-purl-magazine.com
    check it out ! you can email me at prettyinmink@hotmail.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home