The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Friday, May 13, 2005

Craptacular

I was all set to post progress on the basic tank (after deliberately not posting yesterday's whine & cheese party) when the unthinkable occured.


Ma bete noire. Sigh.

Yes, friends, that is the broken join on my favorite (and for an Addi Turbo addict, that's saying something) 4.0mm needle, Suzanne's rosewood. She's served me pretty well over the years, Miss Rosewood, taking on many a DK weight yarn with abandon. I shall miss her terribly.

It just shows what a thoughtful needle she is that her last gasp occured on pay day. And I get to leave early today, too. So if any Mpls knit shop visitors find themselves near a roundish brown woman with unruly locs, a half-finished purple tank top and a desperate gleam in her eye, stay back. She'll need all her powers of concentration and self-control to leave the shop with just a needle.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home