The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

When I say "happy," you say "birthday!"

We interrupt your regularly scheduled blog to bring you breaking news: the arrival of presents* for me!
Yes, boys & girls, the Mom-O, queen of gift-giving occasions, has struck again.

The loot:

One adorable crocheted purse, some of which was worked under my very nose!
It is the perfect size to hold keys, my make up and a small knitting project.
What else does a girl need?
I plan to carry with me at tomorrow evening's work-related event (fancy restaurant).


Cute little sweater shaped DPN holders. Who even knew they made these? (Don't answer.
I am so behind the times.)
These babies were put to work immediately:

I love these. As soon as I find the rest of my dpns, they too will be corralled. Thanks, Jeanne!
(especially for the many sticky toffee pudding recipes included in my present!)

Much of my day was spent in transit. The results below:

Flower Basket Shawl progress...

Because these skeins aren't even remotely matching (despite being from the same dye lot), I have chosen to stripe the shawls: 10 rows in one skein, then 10 in the next. This should spread the colors out nicely. So far it's coming out wonderfully, and I am enjoying the speedy progress on these. Can't wait to start blocking them, though: they look like little bundled up knots!

*Does it mean you're working too much if you forgot that your 32nd birthday is rapidly approaching?

1 Comments:

  • Well Gosh! What an honor to be mentioned and pictured in your blog! You are much more than welcome. I'm so glad you like them! Jeanne (Mom-O?)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home