The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Friday, February 18, 2005

Bitter much?

This has been a spectacularly unhappy week for me.
Workwise, I am mega-stressed (I'm solely responsible for a huge, huge event for the first time), dietwise, I'm hanging on by the skin of my teeth (waiting desperately to be done with this first, super-strict phase of the plan), and trying to finish off the details of long-distance wedding planning is challenging, to say the least.
And now, this morning, I was disappointed to learn that my latest design submission was rejected and devastated to learn that my step-dad is having major medical drama.
If you pray, pray for us. If not, send whatever good vibes you can our way - we need them!

But! This is my KNITTING blog. And knitting makes me joyful when I am happy, and soothes me when I am sad. So, on with the show!


Happiness in a ring. Hmm...symbolic?

This little beauty is from Viking Knits. I have long admired Elsebeth Lavold's genius in figuring this stuff out, and I'm very excited about using this in a design.


Diamonds & purls (and why do I hear Prince singing in the background?)

I swatched this little brocade pattern for a trim, a la Elizabeth I by Alice Starmore, but don't find it substantial enough for my needs. I will actually use a single repeat of King Charles Brocade (BW I, p. 31) in its stead.
The Skirt Which Will Not Die (note: I really do love it - I'm just bored and want to be finished) is a mere three skeins from completion, and I even think I will have some yarn left over. Can't wait to start this next project!

3 Comments:

  • Thank you so much - I greatly appreciate it! Good luck to your family as well.

    By Blogger Cher, at 10:34 AM  

  • Thanks, Kitten - totally welcomed and appreciated!

    By Blogger Cher, at 4:45 PM  

  • Hey girlie! Hang in there. I will send many many good vibes along the way for your fam. As for the design submission - do not take it so personally. I have had many a rejection, as has anyone who submits regularly. Often it is not a commentary on the quality or originality of the piece as much as it is just a statement that it doesn't fit in with the theme or feel of the issue or that there are simply too many other designs that are great as well. (There are a ton of very talented knit designers out there at the amateur level these days). Let it slide, submit it somewhere else, or publish it on your own site. Knitters will still enjoy it, and so will you. I'd love to see what you've been up to.

    Re: the above post - let me know how you like Knitpics - I'm v. curious!

    MOW Julia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home