The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Monday, February 21, 2005

My Heart Belongs To...

My darling Boy-O, who not only watched my favorite movie in the whole world with me, but took pictures of his future bride in her shiny new wedding skirt!!!


Ignore the dirty slippers (gotta get me a clean pair of these for the actual walk down the aisle)and focus on the amazing fact that I am DONE with possibly the most massive piece of knitting ever!
(In the interest of Full Disclosure, I should say that it's not totally done, as I still need to finish off the waistband area. I am waiting until the end of March to do so, however - the diet is progressing nicely and I don't want to have to make the adjustments more than once.)

Below is a nice shot of the lace pattern:

Ready for our closeup, Mr DeMille...

My dear sister wondered why I have chosen butter and chartreuse as our wedding colors. We were inspired by this lovely MS cover shot from last June...

... and decided it looked so pretty and fresh, we would go for it.
In that same vein, and because I need commuter knitting, I started the gifts for my best ladies (no maids at the Casa de Boy-O):


That is the beginning of a Flower Basket Shawl. Inspired by the lovely Stephanie (aka Yarn Harlot), I think I've found the perfect use for these unmatched skeins of Nature Wool.

5 Comments:

  • Gorgeous. Can't wait to see the whole ensamble! MoW Julia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:01 AM  

  • How wonderful!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:57 AM  

  • Beautiful!! What a wonderful dress it's going to be. I crocheted my head-piece for my wedding, but never considered trying the entire dress.

    By Blogger Plain Jane, at 2:13 PM  

  • WOW!! The wedding skirt is stunning!Beautiful work!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 PM  

  • absolutely stunning skirt! you are gonna look fabulous!!!!!

    By Blogger the knitrider, at 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home