The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Hydrangea Ranger

AFTER a couple of hours of disastrous swatching last night re: Autumn Rose, I woke up at quarter to six with a bee in my bonnet. (Have I mentioned a slightly obsessive tendency regarding my knitting? No? Okay. Forget I said anything.)

It occurred to me that I'd been going about it all wrong, starting with the heathers on the Palette color card, when the thing I want most is to find colors that will flatter my skin.
This project, theoretically, will be my reward to myself for managing to give birth without losing my mind, and I want it to be something I'll wear for a while. So as my little mental bee was buzzing about, it lit upon one of my favorite flowers:








Hydrangeas are all over our neighborhood. I so love living in the rain forest.

These colors are terribly feminine, but I adore them and think the very geometric stitch pattern will butch it up a bit. I'll have to wait until Monday to get back into the yarn bins, but I have a very good feeling about this...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I love hydrangeas too and think those will be beautiful colors. I think it will work with Autumn Rose.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home