The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Coming Up For Air

Hello, sadly neglected blog! I know I've been completely AWOL, but I've got a good excuse, I do!

I've spent the past week with these folks:

Yes, people: proof positive that my mama can indeed be convinced to leave Chicago if the price is right (i.e., she gets to drop off the munchkins, hang out at Powell's and attempt to photograph the entire city in three days).

We had a blast; I miss her already.

Making friends in the park.


Getting soaked at Jamison Square.


BBQ'ing on the deck.


Practicing reading with Uncle Boy-O.

Dim sum at House of Louie, Oswego Lake and even the incredibly large Whole Foods in Tigard were other highlights of the trip (Mom was quite pleased with the sushi bar and the wine selection!).

Not a stitch was knit, and I didn't even have the decency to miss it. I'm so pleased that I got to show Mom my favorite city. She's already threatening to come back just to visit Powell's again.

I went in to work yesterday, and had some serious culture shock. ("What do I do again?")
Fortunately, day camp starts next week, so the kiddos will be occupied and we'll try to remember what it's like to be grown ups again. Not nearly as fun, but necessary.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Ahh, I just came from visiting my mom and miss her too. Glad you had yours to come out and visit you and got to have some fun times with the kids too! Hope they don't make you too tired. Mom is getting you broken in for your own little one!! (haha)

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 1:18 PM  

  • oooh looks like you all had fun!!
    Hate to bug you this way but can you email me.. I have a few 'business' questions for ya to get this project started!
    Denise L
    www.knitchat.com

    By Blogger Sorka, at 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home