The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Dis(Traction)

Sometimes, try though I might to simplify, I can't help but make things more complicated for myself.

For example: I have a friend & co-worker who's been out on maternity leave. Suddenly aware of V's impending return, I immediately searched for a lovely knitted gift for her baby boy.
I found (to my ever lasting delight) Rowan Babies.

Honestly: no one has ever been as cute as these little people. I think there's a secret factory somewhere in Britain that just churns them out. But I digress.

Now - on a tight deadline, with roughly similar yarn requirements, I could knit either this handsome, easy, stockinette item:


Or this:



Y'all know what I'm doing, right?



Really: who could be expected to resist?
;-P

(Of course, y'all know these pictures are copyrighted by Rowan and/or the photographer who took them (i.e., not me). All their rights reserved, etc.)

3 Comments:

  • It is a pretty darned cute sweater and it shouldn't take you long, since it's for a little person, right?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:55 PM  

  • No one could resist that sweater or that baby! I like your yarn choice, too.

    By Blogger Charleen, at 11:07 PM  

  • Yeah. I'd have chosen the sweater too. Much more interesting knitting.

    The knitter's gotta get something out of the gift giving too, ya know?

    By Blogger Nik, at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home