The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back Again

It's hard for me to fathom the concept of 'getting back to normal.' In this instance, I am quite certain that there is no such thing as normal for our family, ever again.
But there is a sense, in my heart, that acknowledging the pain, and moving through it, are what I have to do in order to survive. So that is my only New Year's resolution: I will continue to love my big brother, to miss him, to grieve him, but I will keep moving.

The Boy-O & I have had a quiet week since our return from Chicago. We've gone out a few times, but stayed in for NYE. Couldn't muster up any enthusiasm for that on either of our parts. We're just glad to be done with a very challenging year.

In knitting, there is little to report.
I am swatching some ideas & working on a few things, but haven't committed to any of them yet. So instead of showing off my progress, I'll instead share with you what I found on Daily Candy: talented designer Laddhavan Sutana. Her work seriously reminds me of the fabulous Teva Durham. I look forward to seeing more from this young lady.

2 Comments:

  • You are on the right track. Take your time. He was a good man, a proud man and a loving man. It is really hard to figure out how to breathe again after someone like that stops breathing. But from now on, you will begin finding new ways to incorporate all he was into your life, and as you do living and breathing will get a little bit easier.

    We love you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:06 PM  

  • I am so sorry that you lost your brother. And at his young age. It's hard to imagine your life without the other person. It takes a long while, but by putting one foot in front of the other, you learn to move on. My thoughts are with you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home