The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Monday, June 27, 2005

Moooooooom! She's knitting again!

FINALLY, I have knitting to report. It's been going on the whole while, but there was just nothing worthy of yakking about. I present to you the Red Side Trip:


Please excuse the lousy shot and the shiny white bra. It's early here and it's too hot to breathe.
Pattern: my own
Yarn: 6 skeins red Cotton Classic on US#7 (4.5mm needles) for 40" bust


A more polite shot of the finished red side trip. Overall, I'm pleased with it. It was quick to knit, especially at the looser gauge I'm experimenting with - normally I'd not use anything larger than a US#6 for this yarn - and I love the twisted cable rib and square neckline.
I am will probably add a mitered rib to the neck edge - it feels a bit too unfinished.

And in a great show of discipline, I'm back to the purple merino cardi.

As promised, despite the heat and the lure of a recycled cotton project that's calling my name.

1 Comments:

  • Gee secret pal, when you come up with a project, you go all out! Thats a reallllly nice tank! Bravo!

    Your secret pal :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home