The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Summer of '69

I got the Spring issue of Vogue Knitting today (as I type, their site still shows the Winter issue).
Overall, the issue feels sorta retro 80s-- much like the Bryan Adams tune referenced above -- which isn't really my thing, but there were a couple of gems that I would love to have:

#1 (embroidered sleeveless top) I'm a sucker for anything inspired by the colors of India. And the beautiful embroidery might make all that damn stockinette st worth it.
#10 (Lacy cable boatneck) and #11 (Hoodie w/lace panels) This one's by Norah Gaughan (of course). I should just give in and become her bitch. It'd be faster, and I might get a sweater out of it.
#19 (cabled, cropped cardi) Damn you, Jaeger. Damn you to hell! I don't have time for needles that small.

Anyone else get this issue? And doesn't this sweater just make you wanna tango?

1 Comments:

  • You are cracking me up. Nora should be so lucky.

    ;-)

    I saw this issue at Webs on Saturday, but haven't gotten it in my mailbox yet.

    By Blogger claudia, at 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home