The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Mucking about

I love/hate this time of year. You can feel Spring in the air, but it's still awfully chilly and the world is just a big ball of mud. My brave, brave Boy-O gave the filthy animals what was coming to them today -- the dreaded B-A-T-H. There was much whining and crying, but he was not moved.

The entire apartment smells better. Now instead of the clinging scent of dirty dog, the fragrant aroma of wet dog and peppermint soap wafts by instead. It's an improvement, I think - which tells you just how bad they smelled.


Tom hiding under the sofa - all you can see is his little white nose...


In knitting news, last week's adventures in blocking led to an amazing discovery: the skirt I'd created was, post-blocking (and this is the old school wet block, mind you), long enough to cover me from stem to stern.

So, after a tiny bit of surgery

Ripping out the hem.

and some additional rows of knitting:

This is what happens when I try to photograph myself in a steamy bathroom. Please note: I am a Professional - do not attempt this at home...

The dress - c'est fini!



Now to whip those chubby arms into shape!

3 Comments:

  • Very nice, m'dear. As for the arms, I, too, had to do some emergency exercise to remove my "wings" pre-wedding. I will say only two words: free weights. they can get you there, even in 4-6 weeks if necessary!

    By Blogger Julia (MindofWinter), at 7:33 AM  

  • aww that dress looks awesome!! congrats!
    i love that little nose sticking out of the sofa!! cute!

    By Blogger the knitrider, at 5:01 PM  

  • this is absolutely beautiful!!! i know im late - but I just found your blog!

    By Blogger KnitFloozy, at 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home