The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Christmas Present

Now that I've had a couple of days to digest it all, I present to you Christmas @ the House of Boy-O.

It can be summed up thus:


Ornamental still life with wine. "Express Track to Italian" in the back ground was another of our gifts.

We ate (Duck with Apple Lavender Glaze, Tomato Fennel Salad, and Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes with Nutmeg), we drank (A really nice Pinot Noir - if the Boy-O ever starts his wine blog, this one will be on the list of keepers), and we opened about 400 presents (only a slight exaggeration. The Mom-O is Very Serious about the Christmas). We gave to them some lovely knitted items (in whose creation the Boy-O participated mightily) - a scarf for Dad, a gaiter for Sammy, and the sweater already documented here for Mom-O), plus assorted goodies.

But man, did we haul it in (hee. We love the presents!) A selection of the fabulousness:


My presents...Mine, all mine! (whee!)

These lovely goods include a handmade stocking, the Origami Bag from Folk Bags, and the most awesome belt: Flick from Knitty. I am already planning a long skinny sweater to wear it with. That and my "b*tch boots", as the Boy-O calls them, and I'll be ready to run the world!
(heh. Look out, Mpls!)


Gorgeous vase - the photo can't do it justice.

A stunning piece of functional art. We [heart] the Parents-O. There will be many lovely flowers in this vase.


Baby Boy-O. Awwww...

They also gave me the Boy-O's baby book. Ain't he cute?

Boy-O got the coolest present of all:


Tux rockin' out to the bluegrass...

Yup. It's Pasha , also from Knitty. Because Boy-O is a Geek Extraordinaire, Mom-O wisely added a little Red Hat. Those of you who get it will laugh slyly.
The rest of us can simply admire the excellent knitting.

There were other cool presents (seriously - I'm stil fascinated by this gravity controlled tri-color pen - how the heck does it Do That?), but I've gotta get off to work.




3 Comments:

  • Great blog! I am a TC knitter, as well, but haven't been to Depth of Field yet. I used to live in the neighborhood and one of my favorite restaurants shares a parking lot with the store. I guess I always think of it as a futon store and not a yarn store. I have to get down there and check out the goods and stop in to KWok for some sesame chicken.

    Jen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:15 PM  

  • Oh, and Truly, Madly, Deeply is one of my favorite movies, too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:16 PM  

  • Hi Jen! We're still finding restaurants (don't even get me started on the search for real Chicago-style pizza!) - we'll definitely have to check out KWok. Thanks for the tip!

    By Blogger Cher, at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home