The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Saturday, July 12, 2008

B-day Redux

Sometimes the good stuff just comes at you all at once.

1) My in-laws are in town. It's always a hoot when they visit. The big kids love them, and even little Z is starting to smile at her Baba and Papa. they are supposed to move out here in a few years, and we can't wait. I want our kids to have as good a relationship with them as I did with my Grandmas.
(Of course, the fact that they're taking the kids to the amusement park today means that our house is oddly quiet for a Saturday. That's nice, too.)

2) I got a copy of the Fall Knitscene -- it's gorgeous! (I'm not just saying that b/c my design's in it. There are several things in there that I want very much!)
And it's bigger! Love that.

3) I just had another piece accepted for publication; woot! (And yeah, I really do still go around the house saying, "Go Cher, it's ya birf-day...")

4) Speaking of birthdays, my MIL brought along my present:

It's a lovely shawl, made with Elann's Seta Lana, and I adore it.
This up close shot shows the texture and the color more accurately:



Baby liked it, too:

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • Glad you had a good one!!! From a fellow moon child. :)

    By Blogger Sharlene, at 8:09 PM  

  • What a lovely shawl! Happy Birthday Miss Cher. Congrats on the your designs being accepted!

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 11:19 PM  

  • Happy birthday! Congrats on the design. That purple shawl is gorgeous!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:18 PM  

  • You are welcome! WE had a wonderful time (although we slept 4 days upon our return). Baba

    By Blogger Baba Jeanne, at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home