The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Monday, June 16, 2008

Wounded

Perfectly happy little boy, right? Don't be fooled by his brave exterior:


We started summer camp today and already, there's been a serious sports injury:


Let us all take a moment of silence to acknowledge the dangers of mixing kickball and giddy little boys.
Alas, poor Superman pants. I knew them well.
(This knowledge may have something to do with the number of times I washed these puppies. The disintegration may also have something to do with that number. They were favorite pants and in heavy rotation.)

****

In knitting news, I'm still working on unbloggable stuff, but I'm so excited that these arrived today:



For those of you who are unfamiliar with this masterwork, this is Maria Erlbacher's awesome series of twisted stitch dictionaries (Traditional Knitting Patterns from the Styrian Enns River Valley):

While I do not speak or read a lick of German, the book is full of beautifully clear charts that should be easy enough to work. If I can get mon petit monstre to sleep tonight, I hope to find a few minutes to play with these.

If you're interested, I ordered these from the kind folk at DAW. Again, I don't speak any German, but the transaction was speedy and painless, despite my communication handicap.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • That little one cracks me up to no end. You all need to stop by on a walk-a-bout again because:
    1. You need a big fragrant rose bouquet (because I wasn't the one who left roses on your windshield!);
    2. The marbles have been refreshed!

    Your knitting completely amazes me. Wicked talent.

    By Blogger LeLo, at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home