The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Now With Actual Kntting Content!

Now that I'm done with submissions for a little while, my knitting time is free for playing around with some ideas.



This lovely pink yarn is a cone of 100% cotton I mixed up at Yarnia (3 strands pink, 3 strands orange). I'd tossed it up on the shelf in our bedroom closet and nearly forgotten about it in all the busy-ness of our little house, but every so often I'd look up and mentally remind myself that I've been saving it to make something especially for little miss Z.



I decided on a simple round yoked cardigan, and yarnover increases to add a tiny touch of femininity. I threw in the rounds of garter st just so I wouldn't get bored. The cardi's somewhat slow going - it's a sport weight, and my achy hands much prefer soft wool to crunchy cotton - but I suspect that has much to do with my cranky, newly locomoting babe. What you see here is about 2.5 weeks of work.

I popped in to Dublin Bay the other day, and picked some stunning Fleece Artist merino:


Seriously. This yarn demanded that I take it home. I mean, look at it:

And once again, I'm adding to the sock yarn stash despite the fact that I refuse to actually knit socks. But this yarn is so lovely, I'm sure I'll come up with a use for it soon.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • I don't see how you could possibly say no to that sock yarn either. But you should probably do something about that whole sock yarn thing, eh? :=)

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home