The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Jump Start


It's been quite a while since I was able to just make something I wanted to for myself. Not that I didn't try -- 2007 was full of UFOs, some of which I'm determined to revisit (Autumn Rose and the Lacy Waves Top leap to mind). I felt my knitting mojo had deserted me, what with the giant life changes we've had over the past year.

So, in order to kick start my designing engine, I thought I'd do some things just for the heck of it. If it leads to something cool, then great -- I have a new piece for my wardrobe that suits the size and shape I am now. (Why does no one tell you that having a baby changes the location of things?)
If it doesn't work out, I've still explored an idea and figured out how to do the best job possible. Being able to take my time about it is a luxury.

So I've picked up some delectable yarn (Ella Rae Shibu; disco'ed colors on sale at Elann) and started swatching.
The idea hasn't fully coalesced in my head yet, but I'm calling it Streamlined. Clean lines, simple knitting, as much self-finishing as I can make happen. We'll see how she plays out.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Your approach to knitting and designing at this juncture of your life sounds like a good one. I have no knowledge of the changes your body makes during and after preganancy. I learn about it from all of my friends who have had kids.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home