The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Friday, March 07, 2008

Further Hilarity

Boy-O posted this one in comments, but it's too good not to share:

N: Yesterday, when we were walking the dogs, we saw five cars with flat tires.

Boy-O: Oh. Sounds like some kids were being delinquent in the neighborhood.

T: What Dalinquint mean?

Boy-O: It means not-doing-what-you're-supposed to.

N: Oh! Like driving too fast.

Boy-O: Sure, that would be delinquent.

T: Or you could drive over a piece of glass.

Boy-O: What?

N: Or, like, when you're driving and Jezebel jumps on you and you start driving all crazy.

Boy-O: NO! I mean, no. Being delinquent is not-doing-what-you're-supposed to do. Like not doing your homework, or like hitting your brother or sister.

N and T: Oh.

(N and T make consternated faces, clearly thinking: How does hitting my sister make me get a flat tire?)

Boy-O: I meant that it looks like some kids were going through the neighborhood stabbing tires with a knife....

Boy-O (cont'd): Which is bad.

N: Oh! `Cause like if someone comes up behind you and you don't see them and you turn around. You could hurt somebody.

Boy-O: NO! I mean yes. I mean no! I mean, yes, you need to be careful when you're slashing someone's tires... DON'T SLASH PEOPLES' TIRES!


Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Wow, I haven't been by in a while, and the first thing I get to have, is a big laugh. That exchange is hilarious. I love how kids try to make mental connections; it keeps you on your toes.

    By Blogger Sahara, at 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home