The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Noises OFFF

I awoke this morning in a frantic state from a horrible dream. I found myself at the Minnesota State Fair, wandering around the Creative Activities building helplessly, mumbling "But this isn't right. I'm supposed to be at the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival. What am I doing here?"

You'd think I was looking forward to this event or something. ;-P

The crowd:



I was too shy to go say hello, but I did recognize at least one person in the group (Hi Melissa!).

The barns:

This little llama was bold as brass until you got close enough to touch. Then back into the pen, quick as a wink!


Wow. That pregnant tummy really sneaks up you, doesn't it? Normally all of me would've fit into that picture.

Jacobs rams; oh-so-handsome. The kids were impressed with the sheer number of horns.

The eats:



(No, we did not actually explain to the kids that these were lamb kabobs. They enjoyed them. Maybe next year.)

And most, importantly, the yarn:

This is Mountain Berry. Only a massive amount of restraint kept me asking if we could move into their house in exchange for more yarn.


Organic Rambouillet. So delicious and cushy.

Stash enhancement brought to you -- well, okay, brought to me, 'cause I am so not sharing -- by JerryLee Farms and Blue Moon Fiber Arts.

Fun was had by all - even my dearest Boy-O, who tolerates the fiber weirdness solely because it makes me happy.



Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Hey! Saw you'd popped in to say hullo, and I'm returning the favor. :D So you've been kinda busy, huh? LOL. Congrats, on everything! You must be very happy these days.

    By Blogger Gewel, at 7:49 AM  

  • Hey, babe,

    Lovely blog. Your younglings are adorable. Wow. Sleeping in back - what memories.

    No one has posted on my blog yet. Sniff, sniff.

    Let's navel gaze together.

    Hello to Ben and your niece and nephew. You look great by the way.

    Love, Laura

    PS I still can't figure out how to upload an Avatar of me. Such a Luddite.

    By Blogger Beulah, at 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home