The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Flunked!

D@#! I flunked the stupid glucose challenge test.

I may have mentioned a silly, ridiculous little competitive streak I have in passing once or twice (who threw out the Scrabble set when the Boy-O scored a bingo? No, that couldn't possibly have been me. Must have been my evil twin).
It's not my favorite trait, and it's definitely one that requires a tight lid if I'm to remain at least somewhat socially acceptable. But it's always there, lurking under the surface waiting to surprise me with its intensity.

Supremely frustrating, however, is having this competitive streak rear its ugly head when there's no one I'm actually competing against. I have to keep reminding myself that the winning result is a healthy baby. So if I have to go take the longer glucose tolerance test, then I'll do it. But darned if I don't feel like an A student who's just gotten her first C.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Well, usually you have to drink the icky drink and then sit there for three hours and wait. So, think of it as a three-hour knitting opportunity. :)

    By Blogger Sharlene, at 1:10 PM  

  • This was a lovely blog poost

    By Anonymous Andy, at 4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home