The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Friday, August 31, 2007

Spamtacular!

Yesterday was a very good day indeed.
I spent a little more time at one of Portland's excellent yarn stores, Knit Purl:

Of course, a little bit of money was spent as well. I acquired another skein of Shibui Sock and some Meilenweit Tweed. It is perhaps kinder not to ask why I enjoy sock yarn so much, as I've completed exactly one sock this year. (Clearly, hope springs eternal in my mind.) But I am determined to create a pair

The Boy-O and I finally got to take advantage of his birthday present:

Yes, indeed, boys and girls, your friendly neighborhood blogger is a Monty Python virgin no more. Don't ask how I've managed 30+ years on this planet without seeing their work, but it was worth it to have such a delightful introduction last night. Relentlessly silly (shockingly so, at times), I enjoyed myself immensely.

And just when I couldn't have asked for a nicer day, what do I find here at home?


Just a plain old box, you say? Not so:


My Autumn Rose yarn has arrived, and I have a four-day weekend. Oh, yeah. The life, she is sweet.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I really like the colors you selected for Autumn Rose. Very pretty.

    I've heard of the Shibui sock yarn, but never knit with it.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home