The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Patriotic Doody…

We voted yesterday:

(Little did we know... )

And this was our reward:

Bistec Criollo. Yum.

Mmmm. Victor’s Café.
Is there anything better than hot Cuban food? I don’t think so.

In other news, the first chunk of my NaNoWriMo adventure is kicking my butt!
I was so confident when I agreed, so sure that brilliance would flow from my fingertips, and now the only thing flowing from me is, well, snot.
(I am developing a cold. In this, however, I am channeling Churchill. I. Will. Never. Surrender. Host Defense and vitamin C-filled fluids to the rescue!).
This has put me in a bit of a funk. Especially as the Boy-O, for all his worrying about the story, has cruised to 8,192 words without even trying.
Need I say we hate him right now? (Okay, not actual hate, but significant envy is creping through our bosom. It is not pretty. The hate that is, not the bosom. Thanks very much. I think I’d better get off this train before it gets embarrassing.)

The boy has also, unfortunately, been dismissed from his position. I am saddened by this, and by the national travesty that passed for an election, and by some other family stuff that I am not at liberty to divulge. Suffice to say that it is Not Good At All.

On a happier note, there is slooooooooooow progress on the sleeves:

These monkey sleeves have got me singing "Jungle love/Yeah/Oh-ee-oh-ee-oh..."
If I didn’t take these pictures, I would never believe progress was being made.
I keep chanting to myself “Love the boy. Love the yarn. Love the boy. Love the yarn.” (Patons Classic Merino Wool, purchased at Crafty Planet). Dying for these to be finished.

I am thinking seriously about submitting a design for Knitty – I haven’t done this yet, but I’ve written lots of patterns for my classes, for fun, etc.
(What? You don’t think pattern writing is fun? Are you kidding? It’s the only math I’ll do voluntarily.)
I think it’s the next step in my evolution as a knitter. I’m not yet ready to commit to it, but there is a lovely bit of purple alpaca in the stash

Part of the stash. No, I haven't got a problem with yarn hoarding. Why do you ask?

that I want to play around with again. Perhaps this will inspire me with my novel.

Again, for your viewing pleasure, more pre-blog knits:

Manly Bias and the boy's sexy neck. We lurve him. A lot.

Easy diagonal scarf for the boy. Made from Patons Shetland Chunky. And before you ask, yes, I know this yarn is actually meant for home dec projects. I actually bought it to use for a sofa pillow. But the conversation was something like this:

Me: You know this yarn is crispy.
Boy-O: I don’t need no sissy soft yarn. I’m a guy. Besides, it looks good with my jacket.
Thus, the Manly Bias scarf was born.


The Urban Cardi. We don't need no stinking buttonholes...

This is the sweater I made for the Urban Knitter project. It doesn’t exactly fit anymore, as I have grown and it has not. I wear it anyway, because it makes me smile. And because life’s too short not to fill it with shiny red mohair whenever possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home