The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Little Things

Still making my way out from underneath the avalanche of boxes which accompanies our move. After a frustrating week of getting repairs scheduled/done, unpacking only to find more to unpack, and weird vacation days for the kids, I wanted to feel like I'd accomplished something.
So I tackled the thing which had been annoying me all out of proportion to its importance:


Oh yes, friends, the dreaded 80's fug is alive and well. (Unbelievably, you can still purchase these same handles.) I had thought about replacing the doors, but decided that the cabs just weren't worth the investment. So I went for a subtler improvement:


My clever spouse picked these out --and, of course, the fancy new drill we used to install many of 'em (I did many by hand, but got tired).


More -- and better! -- pics to come of the house proper, which Boy-O and I have dubbed Colonial One (mostly 'cause we're BSG fans, but also because looking at this house from outer space is about the only way it could honestly be called a Colonial).

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Our condo came with some seriously ugly hardware too. There were really "cutesy" handles in the shape of cutlery, seriously. I couldn't wait to get rid of them. Ugh. It takes time and more time to get settled into your home. Enjoy!

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 2:22 PM  

  • You had best post some more pictures before Christmas, lest you find me appearing on your doorstep unannounced!

    Signed,
    Your favorite former KP employee

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home