The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Friday, May 16, 2008

All Along the Swatch Tower

I've been swatching like a fiend for the last week, so haven't had enough time to properly blog, or much to blog about since I can't show you these. But the first of three (!) batches of swatches is out the door, and I have a moment to breathe before starting the next bunch. So the quick update:

First, and most important, the ghost of a smile, finally captured on film:


With the crazy hot weather we're having this weekend, our little Michelin Muffin will be spending much of her time dressed just this way.

Next: Colourlovers, one of my favorite web sites, is featuring an excellent tutorial on Kool Aid dyeing. Since we have the kids, that's the method I'm most comfortable with for now. I may branch out into acid dyes when they are older/less clutzy/less likely to spill it all over themselves.

Finally, I still haven't had any time to take proper shots of Streamlined, so you're getting the quick 'n dirty ones from last week:



Post-surgery, pre-blocking: I snipped and added short rows to accommodate the Nursing MegaBoobs (TM), then grafted the piece back together.
Extra work, but the fit was vastly improved by the addition. I will remember to knit those in next time I make this one.



I love details like side vents. They add a feminine, floaty feeling to an otherwise straight-forward piece. The tubular cast on I used for the edges is my all time favorite. I find it most elegant.


I'm a big fan of the cap sleeve as well. It's about as cool as a sleeveless piece, but covers up that little er, wadge of flesh many of us have at the underarms (y'all know what I mean, I'm sure).

Back to the swatching...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • Michelin baby, LOL. Are her eyes really blue?!?

    By Blogger June, at 4:15 PM  

  • Yup. Bright blue just like her dad's.

    By Blogger Cher, at 10:11 PM  

  • Unfortunately, I DO know what you mean *lol*

    I love the color of that yarn. I'll have to start incorporating short rows in my garments for my own mega boobs.

    By Blogger Nik, at 1:40 AM  

  • Oh my, what fabulous rolls! Heehee. That'll be a photo you save for when she's 17 and brings a boyfriend home.

    Love the summer top. I agree about cap sleeves being a nice way to cover the armpit bulge. What is with that, anyway? I only have it on one side. I think it's a bi-product of supportive bras.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:13 PM  

  • Baby Z is so adorable. There is so much of her to love. (lol).

    Blue eyes are the best. Like mine.
    : )

    Lovely knits.

    By Blogger Beulah, at 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home