The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hot Jar Licks

Sorry, that title doesn't refer to a new recipe, but instead to my wanna-be-hip nephew's mispronunciation*. What sort of dish that would be? I'm imagining a spicy Chicago-style giardiniera, with bird's eye peppers, cauliflower, and whole cloves of garlic. I'll have to play around with this mix and see what I can devise.

In the meantime, I recommend you enjoy the opposite sensation with the perfect (pre-) summer peaches:

1 bag frozen organic peaches
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cinnamon stick
1 nutmeg
pinch cayenne (optional)
2 tsp. dark agave nectar

Put the peaches in a bowl. Drizzle with vanilla; grate cinnamon and nutmeg over them to taste. Swirl agave nectar atop peaches and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes, or until peaches are semi-thawed. (Add cayenne here, if you wish.)

Eat, and dream of August...


*of the word
hydraulics.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home