The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

OPK (Other People's Knits)



While pregnant, I didn't ever actually seem to finish anything baby-related, though many a project was begun (and subsequently abandoned in my scatterbrained haze). Fortunately, people were very kind and baby did receive some sweet handknits.


This little beauty is the Tulip Cardigan, from Dream in Color. Indigo Mouse Melissa dyed the yarn, another co-worker did the knitting, and Melissa did the finishing. This was the shower gift that most impressed Boy-O, and he doesn't impress easily.

In personal knitting news, Streamlined was blocked...

...worn, and found wanting. I'm performing some super corrective surgery on it and will debut it later.
I have to say, though, this yarn (Ella Rae Shibu) lurves a good blocking. It's sleek and sexy, with a beautiful drape and lovelyhand post-block. When I first started this sweater I despaired of it, but now I'm thinking I need to get more of this delicious stuff.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Aww, she looks adorable in it! Thank you for the modeled photos. I guess it's a good thing that it's been a cold spring. We didn't think about what time of year it would be when she was old enough to fit the sweater!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:09 PM  

  • Oh, that sweater is absolutely adorable. And your daughter is too cute.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 10:49 PM  

  • All that picture needs is a pair of (ahem) socks! :-) The sweater is beautiful!

    By Blogger Kim, at 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home