The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Oh, the Irony

On the list of things I find puzzling, this phone call currently tops it:

Me: Hi. I'm filling out your electronic form here, and it doesn't give me enough room to put my entire last name. But when I try to electronically sign the form with my whole name, it won't let me. What do I do?

Karen (the nice lady who answered the phone): Oh yeah. You'll need to electronically sign the form the same way you filled out that first page.

Me: So, wait: even though that's not legally my name, I have to sign that it is in order to finish this form.

Karen: Mmm-hmm. Or you could start over and take out the [maiden name] so that the last name matches.
Whaa? How is this right? Why don't the folks who code these forms just do it the same way on both pages? I know it's do-able, since (a) common sense tells me so, and (b) this is what my DH does for a living. (See, honey? I am listening when you speak.)
****

Anyway. Yesterday's weather was glorious. Sunny, breezy and perfect for a stroll down the bluff:






Z, as always, was fascinated by the juxtaposition of nature and industry:


We stopped for tea and cookies, and a thrilling game of "but why can't I have mama's water glass?"




Later, we took the big kids down to Columbia Park:









Once again, Z finds it all so stimulating:



(You will note Streamlined making its debut. I will report on that later this week.)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Sounds like a great day at the park. Can't wait to see Streamlined make its debut.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home