The Amazing Adventures of Tom and Bel

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

InVesting

Whoops! Forgot that I'd promised to show the sketch for this vest, as it is so different from the version I created for the latest KnitScene.



As you can see, I originally intended a twinset, the inner piece being a lacy turtleneck shrug featuring the same ribbing pattern on the cuffs and collar. I submitted it in very soft yarns from RYC, thinking they individual pieces would be great indoor wear as separates, and as a pair, they'd work for the outdoors in Portland's mild spring.
Lisa (KnitScene's editrix) liked the vest, and came up with the idea of using making it in the very rustic yarn you see in the magazine.

I think it was an interesting choice, though I may (someday, someday) knit this as I originally intended. Perhaps when I'm leading a more glamourous life that doesn't involve a nursing toddler!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I love it!! I would make it just the way you intended. Seriously love it!! If you ever need a test knitter, let me know. :)

    By Blogger Tammy, at 11:17 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger 肉圓cool, at 3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home